Tuesday, September 11, 2012


It's been a tough year...Dad passed away, my B-I-L's tumor started to grow, my grandson broke his toe just before our trip west. When we returned his Dad broke his leg.  Well, can someone tell me why a 43 year old man would decide he needed to play semi-pro football? Through all of this I sew! It's what I know and can do. It keeps my mind and hands busy. I learned to sew in 4-H. Is there 4-H anymore? I was about 7 and I think with 2 brothers  my Mother thought I should have a friend or two. My first project was an apron made from a feed sack. Somewhere in a box is the album of all my accomplishments in 4-H. When I was a senior in high school that album got me into college. I learned to sew but that was not the end.  There was cooking, canning, caring for animals, gardening and cleaning. Oh how we learned to clean! In that album is a newspaper clipping of we girls using a vaccum cleaner is an historic house. That house is now part of a National Park here in Schuylerville New York. Little did I know then that I would find an ancestor that fought in the Revolution here in Schuylerville and that would lead me to join another 'club' the DAR. Of all the things I like I think history ranks high up there. But that's another day.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you put "old" pictures of yourself online! Great post.

    ReplyDelete